ALUMNI FACILITIES ACCESS POLICY June 2012
1. Effective immediately, alumni will be granted access to all college lab facilities for one year after graduation.
2. Beginning August 1, alumni will need to present a valid Alumni ID card when they enter the building to access to the college’s labs and 3D-Lab. Alumni can register (free of charge) for this ID card with the Director of Alumni Relations. Alumni IDs will be valid for one year and carry discounts at area restaurants, museums, galleries, etc.
3. Alumni who wish to have lab facility access beyond the year after graduation can apply to the Alumni Director for a renewal of their ID card. A nominal lab fee for a year’s access will be charged at the time of ID card renewal.
4. Alumni access to lab facilities will continue for one year after graduation, provided that alumni:
• Register for and present a valid Alumni ID card
• Have proper training to use the lab
• Follow all health and safety practices
• Do not interfere with classes or current students’ needs
• Do not use college labs as a substitute for a professional studio
• Do not use the lab facilities to run a business venture (e.g., creating a model for proposal
opportunities is acceptable; building furniture for future sale is not)
• Do not bring friends and children into the labs; they are not permitted in the labs
• Limit their use of facilities to intermittent use, meaning facilities access is not a substitute
for the lack of one’s own studio space
5. In the event that facilities use incurs costs, the college will ask alumni to pay for those direct costs, such as materials.
6. Alumni should contact the appropriate Lab Tech before their first use in the facilities that semester and clarify the nature and scope of their desired use.
7. Out of necessity, access will be restricted during:
• The last two weeks of the semester
• The three weeks prior to the senior thesis exhibition opening
• And, as with all registered students, labs are open only when a lab tech or 3D-Lab
supervisor is scheduled.
8. Additional restrictions:
• 3D-Lab: Alumni must provide their own materials and announce themselves to the
supervisor to clarify the nature and scope of the desired use.
• Printmaking, Photo, TBM and Sculpture Labs: A Lab Tech must be on duty. College
equipment and supplies cannot leave the building.
• Computer labs: Cannot use proprietary software loaded on the college’s computers for
commercial purposes. (Software licensing is legally limited to educational use.)
• Alumni who enroll in Adult Learning courses will have access to the college’s facilities
during the term of the course.
Failure to abide by the provisions in this policy will result in revocation of lab facilities access.