What is PC Client?
PC client is a widget:
It shows your current print balance, without having to login to the printing dashboard.
Is PC Client Required for Printing?
It is not and is purely optional. If you opt not to use it, you can also track your balance by logging into print.miad.edu anytime you'd like to check your printing balance.
Note that both PC Client and the printing dashboard are not accessible outside of campus.
If you have PC Client always running, you may get a "unreachable" prompt on your operating system while off campus; this is not a problem and you can simply disregard it. It will work again once you're on campus and connected to the MIAD network.
Download PC Client
You can find stand-alone copies of PC Client (not bundled in the printer driver app for Macs):
- PC Client for Mac, Windows & Linux
- Download the .zip for your operating system type
- If you do not have access, make sure you're signed into your MIAD account and not a personal account
How to Install the Optional Widget
The widget floats on your desktop and is 'always on' until you exit it.
- Unzip [your operating system type]-pcclient.zip
- Click into: [your operating system type] > open client-local-install
- You may encounter a license agreement; if you agree with the user license, click Yes/OK
- When prompt, enter your MIAD network credentials to inform PC Client what account it should be getting the balance for
- That's it!