If you have a MacOS laptop running Monterey or Ventura, you can run a quick install app to install printer drivers, queues and Papercut PC Client (for monitoring your print balance) to your machine.
What's the difference between default printer options and advanced options?
|Default options||Advanced options|
- Login to your Onelogin account
- If you don't already see Mac Drivers (with a printer icon), click the More Shortcuts: Everything tab and search for Mac Drivers
- Click on it and you'll be redirected to Drive storage (if prompt for login, use your MIAD credentials, not a personal gmail address; else you won't have access to the download), where the latest version will be available. Download PriverDrivers v2.0.x.zip to your system and make note of the directory where it goes (most commonly, your Downloads folder, or Desktop)
- Unzip the file you just downloaded
- Right-click PrinterDrivers > Open
- You may get a prompt that the app "needs to be updated;" this app was built in-house by MIAD IT to simplify distribution of campus drivers, Apple's notarization process complicates things, as there are many third-party components in printer drivers - preventing that component from being validated. In order to do this "Apple's way" we'd have to make the setup process more complex, by decoupling a number of these components
- Select Open to proceed with setup
- If it doesn't give you the option to open then go to Setting > Security & Privacy > Scroll down to the Printer Prompt and click open anyway.
- Below you'll find screenshots of the setup process:
- That's it. You should now see the campus printers by going to:
- Apple icon (top bar) > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners
Need Help, or Having Issues Installing?
Let the helpdesk know: firstname.lastname@example.org
MacOS Older than Monterey/Ventura, or Don't Want to Use the App?
The manufacturers of our print server offer an alternative option, but you won't get the advanced features of the printer drivers.
- If you don't already see Mobility Print, click the MIAD: More Shortcuts tab and search for: Mobility Print
- You'll be redirected to a download page (note: you must be on campus and connected to the MIAD network, else the download page will be inaccessible), download and run the installer
- You'll be prompt for your credentials after selecting the printers, you'll use your MIAD network credentials (not your machine's username/password)
Don't Want to Use the App, but Need Advanced Printing Features?
You can utilize any available lab machine or print station, the drivers are pre-installed.