The screen recording permission is utilized by several apps for sharing your screen during a meeting (Meets, Zoom, Teams) or for remote assistance by IT.
An App is Requesting Screen Recording Permissions
You can grant this permission on a per-app basis.
- Click the Apple icon in the top bar
- Go to System Preferences
- Select Security & Privacy
- Make sure the Privacy tab is selected; you'll see two panels
- On the left panel, locate Screen Recording.
- On the right panel, you'll see a list of applications that may have utilized this permission at one point or another
- Add a check in the checkbox beside the one you wish to grant this permission to
- Users on MIAD-owned machines; admin permissions should not be required
- The app may need to restart (not the computer)
- Re-launch the app and you should now be able to share your screen
The Anydesk app requires a few extra steps.
- When you launch Anydesk for the first time, you may see these notifications
- Follow all of the steps above for Screen Recording
- In the same section for Security & Privacy, locate Accessibility in the left panel
- Add a check beside Anydesk
- Go to the Anydesk app; you may still see the following banner:
- Click Configure to force Anydesk to re-check the permissions
- A successful update of permissions may look like the following:
- Do not install the service. Anydesk should only be launched when it is needed.
- Give your tech the number that appears under This Desk