To link your MIAD Zmail account to the Mac OSX app Apple Mail, follow these steps:
1. Open "Mail"
2. Enter your name, your MIAD email address, and the password for that email address in the appropriate fields. Click continue.
3. Change the account type to "IMAP"
4. In the Incoming Mail Server field, enter "zmail.miad.edu" and keep the username and password as they are (your MIAD username and password). Click continue.
5. In the Outgoing Mail Server field, select "zmail.miad.edu" from the dropdown menu.
6. Check the box next to "Use Authentication" and type your MIAD username and password in the appropriate fields. This is critical to sending messages from the Mail app, so make sure you type your username and password correctly. Click continue.
7. Ensure there is a check in the box next to "Take Account Online" and click Create.
8. Your Mail app will then load the messages from your MIAD Zmail account.