This is a rather roundabout solution to the problem, but so far is the best way we've found to ensure that your PDF will print. The problem that has been occurring is related to the fact that there are JPG files in the pdf which aren't sending to the printer correctly, so in short, you need to convert all the pages of the PDF to TIFF files before printing.
1. Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Pro
2. Go to File > Save As > Image > TIFF
3. Create a temporary file folder to save the images in. Hit save.
4. Go to File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF
5. Navigate to the folder where you saved the images and select all of them. Hit Create.
6. Save the new file, make sure to title it so you know that it's the TIFF version. Print from the TIFF version.