The Apple Remote can be configured to run a PDF presentation of photos or any other kind of presentation by installing a iRed Lite on your Mac computer.
iRed Lite is a neat easy to use software to setup your Apple Remote to run your presentations outside of Front Row.
1. Install the iRed Lite on your Mac's hard-drive.
2. Run the program you wish to use with your Apple Remote.
3. Open iRed Lite and click the Edit button.
4. Click the Gray Arrow on the lower hand corner of the window (it's a little tricky to see because it's very faint)
5. Select a button on the Apple Remote
6. Select the iTunes tab to "Select Current App"
7. Give the button a function on the tabs below
8. Test with Remote, and Save.
As long as iRed Lite is running and under the Application screen the app your using is selected it will use those settings. For more tips and useful information check the iRed Lite Manual
Article is closed for comments.